Locus is a community space.
- Be helpful and show respect to other members and guests.
- Clean up after yourself (including your dishes) so other members don’t have to.
- Keep to your half of shared desks so folks looking for a spot to work feel welcome.
- If you’re in the mood, organize an event, bring a plant from home, or do other things to make the office feel like home (after checking with a manager).
No smoking, including eCigarettes.
- Do NOT smoke on…
- The balconies on the floor below Locus (those are private)
- On the sidewalk in front of the building
- You may smoke in the courtyard, but please…
- Away from non-smokers
- Always put your cigarette butts in the garbage or an ashtray
Mind the noise.
- If your voice carries, do not make calls or have live conversations for more than TWO minutes in the main space (except in the kitchen area during coffee break).
- If other members or managers are being too loud for too long, kindly let them know.
- Locus is a coworking space, not a library: Quiet & respectful conversations are welcome.
Want to use or leave a monitor?
Read the “monitor rules” on the main bulletin board (or here).
One of the last ones out? Close up shop.
- Turn off all the lights in areas where other people aren’t working, including the power cord switches (here’s a light-switch map!).
- Make sure the air conditioner units in the main space and the meeting room are turned off.
- Close all windows in areas no longer being used by other members.
- ALWAYS close the loft skylights if you work in the lofts.
- Make sure the windows are closed and lights turned off in the bathrooms and by the elevators.
- Make sure the door entrance to Locus is closed.
- Very last one out? Turn off the main power switch in the entryway.
- Locus’s ability to allow 24/7 access depends on it.
There are recycling bins under the window next to the kitchen corner.
If you have suggestions or questions regarding the rules, please let a Community Manager know.
These rules may change as needed.