If you’re new in Prague and feel lost – don’t worry, we’re here to help you! Here’s a list of the most useful pages in English that will help you settle down in Prague. Read more
On Sunday, December 1st, Locus is organizing a get together to explore the Christmas Markets of Prague (learn more and register to attend).
That seems like a perfect reason to write a blog post about Prague’s amazing Christmas Markets!
Do you want to visit them? Here are a couple of reasons why your answer should be YES.
|“Prague Castle, a castle complex in Prague, Czech republic” in travelercorner.com|
The first question is: “What makes a great digital nomad destination?”
|“How to travel as a digital nomad” in retireby45.com|
Now let’s explore the reasons why Prague has been a hotspot for digital nomads
- A global phenomenon
Digital nomadism is exploding around the world. Prague has been one of the popular spots since the beginning and has benefitted from the global growth of this phenomenon.
- Affordable cost of living
- Architecture and History
|“Food tour in the Czech Republic, Prague” in tourily.com|
Prague is in the heart of Europe and many people say it is the most beautiful city in Europe!
- High-quality infrastructure
You will find very modern infrastructure next to very old buildings and bridges, meaning you don’t have to sacrifice work efficiency or quality of life for your taste of history.
- Great geographical location
Prague is in the heart of Europe. The country is surrounded by Austria, Slovakia, Poland and Germany, with almost the same distance from the North Sea, the Baltic Sea and the Mediterranean. Thus it’s quite easy to travel Europe with Prague as a base.
- English speakers abound
Many Czechs (especially the younger ones) speak English well, making it an easy city to navigate if you don’t speak the local language (Czech!). You can also meet other foreigners and travelers. There are many of them! (Vinohrady is one of the neighborhoods favored by English-speaking expats).
- Good places for productive work
- Vibrant (night) life
|“Prague Farmers’ markts and Flea-markets” in prague.eu – “Cross Club, nighlife in Prague” in likealocalguide.com|
Czech Republic outside Prague
- Help me add to this list!
CEE Region outside the Czech Republic
- Urban Quest (added 2018.03.29), Warsaw, Poland. PropTech accelerator (Property / real-estate / space technology), sponsored by Skanska, Microsoft, and business__link.
- hub:raum Krakow, Poland (also locations in Berlin & Tel Aviv). Has both an accelerator and an incubator program.
- RubixLab Bratislava, Slovakia
- CEE LiftOff Budapest, Hungary (website not working properly, may be ending)
- PwC CEE Startup Collider Warsaw, Poland. FinTech focus. Seeking participants from all over the Central & Eastern Europe countries.