This is a community space.
- Be kind and show respect to both members and visitors. Locus’s ability to survive and thrive depends on how you interact with others.
- Try to give more to the quality of the space than you take from it.
- Let us know when something needs fixing or improving (or do it yourself)!
- Organize events, bring a plant or picture from home to brighten up the space, draw a painting on the wall, or otherwise do what you would to make your own office nicer (after checking with the management just in case, of course).
- But also clean up after yourself, do your dishes, replace a broken light bulb, water a dying plant.
Last one out? Close up shop.
If you are the last person to leave, turn off the lights and make sure the coffee maker & stove are off; close all windows, and lock the door. Locus’s ability to allow 24/7 access relies on it.
Conserve.One of the founding values of the coworking movement is sustainability. Please do your part.
- Reduce. Don't print material that could remain in digital form; turn off lights or appliances that aren't being used, even if you didn't turn them on.
- Reuse. Put scrap paper in the scrap-paper bin and print with it when possible).
- Recycle. There are recycling bins in most rooms next to the garbage bins.
These rules may change as needed.